RULES OF COLBY RANCH OUTDOOR SCIENCE SCHOOL
RULES FOR GOOD BEHAVIOR AT COLBY RANCH
1. Respect your self, cabin mates, campus, natural resources, and all adults.
2. Don’t throw anything.
3. No food, gum, or candy (students receive snacks and full meals each day)
4. Stay with your Cabin Leader or Naturalist.
5. Walk at all times.
6. Stay on pathways (walk in lines to protect yourselves, plants and soil--no trail shortcuts please).
7. No walking sticks (they can cause injuries in groups).
8. Keep your hands to your self.
9. Use the buddy system at all times.
CONSEQUENCES FOR BREAKING THE RULES
1- Verbal warning, restatement of rule
2- 10-minute time-out
3- Student will complete a written behavior contract with their classroom teacher, miss cabin time or evening program
4- Meeting with classroom teacher and Lead Teacher Shaun Hawke, call home
5- Removal from Outdoor School
Each Day is a New Day! Unless the transgression occurred in the evening after programs have ended, each student will start fresh each day.
The numbers are additive - that is, if a student gets a "1" for breaking a rule, and later breaks another, they will then get a "2."